I think Boylen has done a decent job so far in his time here. In my opinion, he's been hit with a perfect storm of bad circumstances this year.
He lost nearly all major contributors from an above average team last year, and the one major holdover had an attitude problem (C.Brown).
Like Majerus, he lost 2 more due to playing time, which as the article states isn't that uncommon.
What really has pushed people over the edge is Henderson leaving, being a bright spot for the future, leaving so quickly, and pushing the total number to 4.
Any of these incidents individually wouldn't be a big deal, but all together and I think it looks worse that it actually is.
My opinion: this program needed to clean house, but Boylen still must prove himself. Circumstances aside, he still had a team that struggled to improve offensively this year. Unfortunately, he's learning on the job, but so did coach Whit and look where football is now. I remember being frustrated with Whittingham early on too, so lets keep the faith that Boylen can turn it around.
Go Utes!
No comments:
Post a Comment